Individual and Couples Therapy
College life can be filled with challenges. It is typically a time of tremendous change and growth, with many new experiences. While valuable, all of this can be stressful. These changes and stresses can also lead to a variety of mental health-related symptoms and concerns. The Counseling Center staff is available to help students with any problems they may be experiencing, large or small, as they navigate this complex territory.
Here are few examples of the types of help available:
- Stress management and relaxation training
- Depression screening and treatment
- Anxiety reduction
- Counseling for relationship concerns. This can be done as individual therapy, or with more members of the relationship/s of concern, as long as they are currently enrolled EKU students.
- Family of origin issues
- Gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender affirmative therapy
- Counseling for sexual trauma and assault
- Multicultural affirmative counseling
- Treatment for eating disorders
Individual and Couples/All Partners Counseling Guidelines
Therapy services are typically brief in nature, and students will be evaluated to determine if their concerns can be addressed through brief therapy. Referrals to other agencies/practitioners may be made for concerns that require longer-term or specialized care. These referrals may be made following an Initial Assessment, upon completion of short-term services at the Counseling Center, or anytime during the course of treatment.