Individual and Couples Therapy
College life can be filled with challenges. It is typically a time of tremendous change and growth, with many new experiences. While valuable, all of this can be stressful. These changes and stresses can also lead to a variety of mental health-related symptoms and concerns. The Counseling Center staff is available to help students with any problems they may be experiencing, large or small, as they navigate this complex territory.
Here are few examples of the types of help available:
- Stress management and relaxation training
- Treatment for anxiety, depression, and other mental health issues
- Couples therapy (both partners must be currently enrolled EKU students)
- Family of origin issues
- Gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender affirmative therapy
- Treatment for trauma experiences (current and/or past abuse; trauma-related events)
- Multicultural affirmative counseling
- Treatment for eating disorders
Individual and Couples/All Partners Counseling Guidelines
Therapy services are typically brief in nature, and students will be evaluated to determine if their concerns are within the role and scope of EKUCC. Referrals to other agencies/practitioners may be made for concerns that require specialized care. These referrals may be made following an Initial Assessment, upon completion of therapy at the Counseling Center, or anytime during the course of treatment.